Monday, December 16, 2013

1985 Kellogg's Starbots! Who remembers these things?


Every now and again I check eBay for Starbots, a legendary 1985 Kellogg's cereal freebie. I finally found a reasonable set that I had to order, So say I did!


The Shuttle and Galaxy ship where icons of my daily play back in the 80's. Transformers were expensive, so these cereal sets were perfect filler. The Galaxy ship, like a little Star Ship Enterprise, was one of my favorite all time toys.


My originals, are long gone. I think I had them both in white, so when I saw silver versions I got really excited to say the least. Amazingly the plastic holds up well, being entombed in the packages for over 25 years. I was sweating that there was not going to be any breaking.  Both the Shuttle and Galaxy ship are really before their time in transformer designs. I swear the front plate of the shuttle looks like Cats Lair though. The Galaxy ship was also used as a weapon/metal detector/floor buffer for my G.I. Joes.


Stickers/instructions were still in the package too, but I am not sure if I really want to crud the Starbots up with them. They are nice reminders of days gone by.


The Plane Starbot also was included. I did not have this one as a kid. It's more of a military Starbot, and not so great of a design. Nice to have though. There is one more Starbot, a helicopter, that I have to find (had my trigger set, but held off, as I don't really care for helicopters.)


This was also included in the set. I don't think its an official Starbot? I really have no idea what it is. The plastic pack was slightly different, but the plastic feels almost the same. I don't have a picture to go off of to build it, any ideas???


It looks really cool what ever it is. Ideas? 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails